Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Short List Of Some Favorite You Tube Performances

"Daddy Yar" by The Pallidans.  Probably my favorite You Tube video of all time.  This has killer energy.

"Won't Get Fooled Again (Isolated Bass)" by John Entwistle.  Behold the greatness that is John Entwistle.  Fucking guy makes it look easy. 

"Radio Radio" by Elvis Costello and the Attractions.  I'm not sure about the back story on this one, but NBC didn't want them to do this song.  Not only did they do it, they rocked it.  I love this spontaneity.  In searching for this one (which is hard to find and technically not a You Tube video), I found a sort of bad ass redux with one of my favorite bands - click here.


The James Gang - Walk Away by spacy2
"Walk Away" by The James Gang.  This.  Shreds.  Super. Hard.  I can't get enough of it.  It's too loud and the performance isn't totally clean.  Which means it's very rock n' roll.  (For those who might care, this one is no longer on You Tube thanks to a cease and desist to the dude who posted it.)  Thanks for the tip, Bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment