Here begins semi-regular feature I stole from Esquire magazine.
101. Check numbers start with the number “101” or higher to make it seem like your account has been established and is stable. The same should be done with the lists you make for you blog.
102. Know the chain of command and follow it. For those that don’t are busy bodies and gossips.
103. Carrying a handkerchief is still acceptable, even kind of cool. Unless you’re using it for it’s intended purpose.
104. You don’t get to choose your nickname.
105. With a grudging exception for “The Selvedge Yard”, your blog will never be taken seriously if you keep using the word “epic” to mean “really cool”.