Monday, August 15, 2011

Around The Internet: 15 August 2011

Yo - got an iPad?  Try this mix app out and let me know how it works.  It looks like it would be a ton of fun. I bet it can spruce up any damn party.


Grandmaster Mash shows off MiniMash from MiniMash App on Vimeo.
I really, really, really hope as many artists as possible take advantage of this.  The thought that more money would be going directly to the artist instead of the label makes me very, very happy.

I found myself at Grooveshark looking for this tune - I had to Google it first because I didn't actually know the title.  I've always liked "Ooh Child" for its uplifting message and funky drums.  I had never heard Nina Simone's version.  Holy.  Cow.  DIG that bass - I don't know who is playing, but (s)he is a monster!  James Jamerson's spirit is alive and well in this version.  Listen to it and you'll agree.


And while we're kickin' it ol' skool, I tender this video, which definitely has an old soul to it.  Love the photography, love G. Love's guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment