Friday, August 26, 2011

Fat Friday Feature: Savarah Soul

My brother Paul has hipped me to the artists of the Tru Thoughts label.  That's a different post for a different day (Where's that guest post, Paul?), but for now I'll say that there doesn't appear to be any duds on label.  For today, Imma concentrate on Saravah Soul - I've yet to hear anything by them that is sub par.  I'd say they're somewhere between James Brown and Antibalas - not a bad place to be.  And they're fronted by a "fiery break dancer"!  Bonus!  I'm not a dancer myself, but the percolating, fluid bass playing of Matheus Nova (dig the playing that begins at the :50 mark!) and the creative drumming of Eduardo Marques could be the cure for that.  Dig deep into Saravah Soul - I'm guessing you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, mmm! Funky! Still working on the guest post. Hope to get something to you soon.

    ReplyDelete