Thursday, August 25, 2011

Straight Jacket Required

When I get an earworm, I usually know where it came from and why it is there. Perhaps it's a song from an album to which I frequently listen. Maybe, like commercial jingles, it's designed to get stuck in my head. Or maybe it was the last song I heard before I went to bed.

But Phil Collins? Why God, why? I haven't heard him on the radio in years (mainly because I don't listen to the radio much), and I've never owned so much as a cassingle of his. Phil was has always been on the periphery of my entertainment radar - I have to admit he was good in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", but I've never paid much attention to him beyond that. So why is he stuck in my head? And why has this week old earworm turned into a fucking earworm playlist? Of really, really crappy 80s music?

Perhaps if I unload it on you it will flush it out of my head. Please enjoy that crap that's been plaguing me. I'm sorry to do this to you; I just want my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment