Monday, November 14, 2011

Obsolete Sounds

Over at the Mental Floss blog there's a fun compilation of now obsolete sounds.  All of these sounds were in my life, except maybe the cash register.  I suspect they'll live on as novelty ring tones and whatnot.  But don't throw out your typewriters yet - there's some life still for those beloved machines.  I regret getting rid of the electric typewriter I got for Christmas when I was a sophomore in high school.  I guess it means a lot to me because it was concrete proof that my parents were trying to cultivate my interest in writing poetry - a fact that was lost on my self absorbed teenaged self.

I digress - check it out and feel old.
P.S. In the "Designing Women" clip, is it me or does the Jean Smart character talk just like Tommy Lee Jones in any given movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment