Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's December - Is Christmas Music Fair Game Now?

Being raised by strict Catholics meant that we honored the liturgical seasons to the letter.  Catholics are in the season of Advent right now.  Advent.  Did you hear me? Advent, not Christmas.  In our family, that meant there was no Christmas music or Christmas decorations until the week of Christmas.

I understand why I was raised that way.  It somehow made me savor the season a lot more.  I'm no longer practicing that faith, so I'm cool with starting things a little earlier.  Admittedly, I haven't started playing any Christmas music at home just yet.  I still feel more "post-Thanksgiving" than anything else.  But I'm sure that will change after I listen to the greatest Christmas album of all time.

However, if you're already in the Christmas spirit, enjoy some ukulele and lap steel!

The Cosby Sweaters in this instance are:
Matt - ukulele, bass
Kevin - lap steel

Blue Christmas by The Cosby Sweaters by mattzink

No comments:

Post a Comment