Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Imma Put It In My Netflix Queue

The song that sticks with me the most from Psychic TV is "Twisted".  My oldest brother Bill used to funnel mix tapes to me and my brothers and "Twisted" made an appearance on one.  I didn't like it at the time (I think I was in high school) but I couldn't deny that it was unlike anything I had heard.  I didn't like it initially because I found it bizarre and creepy - it made me very, very uncomfortable.

Over time, I grew to like the song a great deal for that very reason - it forced me out of my comfort zone, which in turn made me grow.  It was exposure to something beyond my comfortable suburban existence, and I was grateful for it.

I've just watched the trailer of "The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye".  I know a little something about their relationship from past conversations with a friend of mine, but I didn't know of or had forgotten about the existence of this movie.  If the trailer is any indication, you can check all the Hollywood notions of "oddball love affairs" at the door, because this is truly odd.  And it's also thoroughly charming.  How can a sincere, honest attempt to fully express the profound love between two people actually be considered "oddball"?  You might not do it that way, but it doesn't mean Genesis and Lady Jaye are doing it wrong.

The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye // Trailer from Marie Losier on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment