Thursday, April 5, 2012

Audio Scratch Pad: Messages Of Love

It occurs to me there were two major oversights in the last post.  I'm going to set that straight now.

Item #1:  I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Chris Wilhite.  He did about everything but play in the band last weekend:  he handled logistics, let me crash at his place, introduced me to his friends and family - basically, he made sure I was taken care of.  He is a huge reason that this was a stress-free trip.

Item #2:  I can't do any of this without my wife Mary Beth. Her support makes this 100% possible.  Flying solo for five days, chasing around our one year old and our six year old is really, really hard.  I know that this isn't very rock n' roll to admit, but I thought about them a lot while I was in Redmond.  I came to the realization - again - how good my quiet life in Indiana is.  I got two messages from them (one is posted below) on my voice mail while I was out there.  I grinned from ear to ear and honestly, got a little glassy eyed upon hearing them.  Imma pile on a bit here and say it is humbling to share my life with such a generous, strong person.  And I have nothing but love and gratitude for her.  Thanks MB!

No comments:

Post a Comment