Friday, April 6, 2012

How A Stratocaster Was Made - In 1959

As a follow up to a previous post about how Strats are made, check out the video below.  This is 8 mm footage from Fender's original Fullerton, California shop.  What a great, great video.  I love that these instruments were made by hand with tools you can find in most shops.  (I know my grandpa's shop had about everything in this video except the massive belt sander.)  I love the ladies working on the pedal steel guitars.  I love the dudes walking around without their shirts on in the non-air conditioned shop.  I love the speed and efficiency of their movements - yeah, I'm sure that comes from doing the same repetitive task a million times a day, but it's still fun to watch.  I bet they took great pride in their work at that shop.

Anyway, it's worth a look.  What a thing of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment