Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Trowar Report: Get Your Motor Running

I'll be jetting off next week for 3 gigs in the Redmond, Washington area.  My plane departs at 5:15 AM; I should land in Seattle at 10 AM local time.  From the airport, I'm pretty sure I'll be going straight into rehearsals at Trowar HQ.  I've got a shit load of work to do.  Again, I find I have to basically relearn the songs, partly because I have a shitty practice ethic and partly because I was super focused on "Big River".  Regardless, I find that worrying doesn't really do me any good, so I'm trying to keep my chin up and nose to the grindstone and all that.

Asking questions also doesn't help a whole lot either.  I'm again plunging into something I don't know much about.  Perhaps it is more accurate to say I don't know a lot of the particulars, but what difference does it make?  Asking questions only makes me worry more.  So I'm bracing myself for a lot of hard work and achy fingers.  As for your fingers, keep them crossed that these gigs will kick much ass.  Our last gig was a strong one; I'm optimistic that these will be even better.  Fred and Chris bought me an Ampeg amp - the thing is as tall as I am.  I'm looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Here is the promo for one the gigs.  This one is at a Harley dealership; the other two are at some unknown (unknown to me I mean) rock clubs in Seattle.  This promo cracks me up for some reason.  I guess mainly because the Trowar track they use in the background was meant to be a rough track.  It doesn't have the polish you can expect from a Trowar production.  Works for this promo though.

No comments:

Post a Comment