Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Off Topic: Something I Got Done At Work Yesterday

One day last month, I took my lunch to walk down the street to Goodwill.  I was able to pick up a decent putter, pitching wedge and four golf balls for $5.50.  I was looking for a fun way to take "brain breaks" at work.  Putting (haven't really gotten outside to try the pitching wedge yet) is turning into small addiction; and it really has helped me clear my mind between tasks.

Yesterday, I took the nerdom higher buy making this hole for my putting challenge.  This shot is nearly impossible to make, but it can be done.  It's also designed to penalize you if you miss - the trough you see on the left kicks your ball far, far away from you.  Your miss will be obvious; your walk of shame will be long.
Truth to be told, the hole doesn't work that well.  That initial slope is waaayyy too steep.  Still, it was a fun project and its construction was a nice brain break in itself and it is $5.50 well spent, you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment