Monday, October 29, 2012

Musical Updates

Mondays are usually slow at this blog, so I thought I'd remedy that by posting.  I've got some musical stuff to catch y'all up on.

I've been playing with my neighbor (and a keyboard player) about once a week.  He has come up with about 5 neat new songs in the short time we've played.  They're still pretty malleable in terms of sound and structure, so they'll change a lot over time.  The goal is to scrape together enough to do a short set at a bar nearby to see how folks like it.  I think it's shaping up into something cool.  It's been a fun ride that's only going to get better.  I'll post tunes as I can.

I'm going to attempt to put together a Christmas project to post here for streaming in early December.  If I pull it off, it will involve a variety of people performing original and cover material.  If you're reading this and you're interested in participating, email me.  More details on this forthcoming.  In the meantime, you can hear cuts from a previous Christmas project here and here.

In mid-November, I'm audition for an Indianapolis band called Jamodo.  I don't know what will happen with this.  Not only do I not know if I'll get this job or not, I'm not sure I'll be able to stay with them if I do get it.  It's a bit of a commute to go to Indy for practice, and that might not be feasible from a time/gas money standpoint.  But I'm excited enough for this audition to go for it - it would be a blast to be in a band with Leslie Donovan again, and I've never played with a horn section before.  So that will be super cool.  I'll keep you posted whether I get it or not.

As for Trowar; well, barring any changes, I'll be heading out for rehearsals/gig in early December.  Although I was thinking we had abandoned it, the recording I did last fall is being remixed and some parts rerecorded.  I can't wait to hear the final mixes.  I honestly wouldn't mind taking another crack at my parts to see if I could make them better, but no matter:  if they sucked, they wouldn't be on there.  I'm not sure what the intention is for this final mix - will it be a demo to get more live shows?  Will it be shopped to record labels?  I've heard rumors of both.  No matter - John and Fred tell me where and when to show up and play, and I'm pretty happy with that arrangement for now.

So exciting stuff heading into the final months of 2012.  Hopefully I'll have big, amazing things to report back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment