Thursday, January 31, 2013

Audio Scratch Pad: "Belle Of The Ball" By The Creekdogs

I mentioned long ago that I took a crack at writing a song a day for seven days, and that it had yielded some potentially great tunes.  One of these songs was selected to go on our demo.  I live in a college town, and the words to this song were inspired by passing all of the young women making (what I imagined was) the "walk of shame" as I drove around town on any given Sunday morning.  Lyrics are by me; music by Dan and Kevin.  Take a listen and see what you think.

"Belle of the Ball"

You’ve had all your treats Now it’s time for last call Take your head off the seat And open the stall flashing lights and snagged black tights I think we agree you’re the belle of the ball Lift your hand to the rail Lean in and don’t fall We’ll Band-Aid the nail You got at the mall cigarettes and drinking bets I think we agree you’re the belle of the ball
One foot then the other Past the garden wall I’ll try not to smother If you’ll stand up tall flirtations dizzy sensations I think we agree you’re the belle of the ball
(Bridge) Open your windows look up to the blue Ignore what your voices are saying to you Admit to yourself there is so much to learn Some bridges can’t be built after they burn Open up your ears Let go of your fears You might be surprised by it all You hot messed belle of the ball

You’ve had all your treats Now it’s time for last call Take your head off the seat And open the stall flashing lights and snagged black tights I think we agree you’re the belle of the ball

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done Matt. I like both of the demo tracks you have posted thus far.

    ReplyDelete