Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cool Stuff From Around the WWW

  • Did you know that IBM had a corporate song book?  It's the anti-folk song book.  Just looking at it gives me the heebie jeebies and fills my brain with Orwellian visions.
  • I'm not exaggerating when I say this might be the coolest guitar I've ever seen.  The guy demoing it uses the looping pedal to great effect as well.
  • I'm crazy about the sound of a Rickenbacker bass.  I'm just as crazy about the bright, jangly sound of a Rickenbacker 12-string.  Unless you've never heard anything by the Who, the Beatles, the Byrds, Robyn Hitchcock, REM, Tom Petty, etc, you've heard a Rickenbacker 12-string.  But check out this demo to hear the Rickenbacker (played through a Vox amp, naturally) by itself - so amazing.
  • I've been digging on this song by a local band called the Broderick.
  • My friend Caleb hipped me to some really dope stuff - like this tune by Wu Lyf, this tune (with great video!) by Mulatu Astatke, and this song by the Drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment