Monday, April 29, 2013

Some Stand Up Comedy From Dylan Roahrig

Dylan Roahrig is one of my good buddies from college.  We met the very first day we were both on campus.  We were both attending an outdoor, on-campus production of some Shakespeare play (don't remember which one).  He saw me in my Husker Du t-shirt, saw an "in" for some conversation, and we've been good friends ever since.

Though Dylan was a theater major in school, his opportunities to perform began to give way to the meathook realities of marriage, work, and parenthood.  That's why I was delighted this past weekend when he forwarded me some video of his first ever attempt at stand up comedy.  It's a pretty damn solid start. I've always envied Dylan's comfort on stage and his ability to command the attention of the audience.  After a rocky start (his mic was not on), he recovers and by the end, I found I was on the hook, eagerly anticipating the next joke.  The energy and delivery are spot on by the end.  Hopefully Dylan's homecoming to the stage was positive enough for him to keep at this (or really, any kind of performance - the dude has chops), because I think it's only going to get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment