Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Afternoon Link Dump

Here's some stuff that is loosely related to sound that I've been checking out today:
  • Drew Magary - a writer I love AND loathe - has an amazing profile about Kid Rock's "Chillin' The Most" cruise.  I guess this whole "rock stars doing cruises" is a thing.  Puke.  Anyway, it's an extremely entertaining article (the first paragraph is brilliant).  Go read it.
  • And then there's this.  These dudes rule.  Watch out, Bad Brains!  (Hat tip to Notes Toward Everything)



  • Speaking of the Bad Brains, there's a Kickstarter drive going on to get a documentary about HR made.  UPDATE:  Looks like they got their funding, so look for this to come out at some point.
  • Episode 391 of the great "WTF With Marc Maron" podcast is up.  It features an interview with the great Billy Bragg - can not wait to listen to this.  Yet another hat tip to Notes Toward Everything.
I've got family reunion coming up this weekend, and I can't wait.  I may try to post a Trowar update or something else, but don't count on it.  I missed reunion last year, so I have a lot of catching up (and, I'm sure, name learning) to do, not to mention some great food and home brew to sample.  Have a great weekend, and remember:  keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for your beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment