Monday, November 25, 2013

Bust

So I was trying to sell some stuff to offset the cost of an exciting new eBay purchase:  A stunning, early 80s G&L L-1000 fretless bass.  The long and short of it is it's a bust.  The bass is a piece of junk and I haven't had the heart to blog about because I'm so profoundly disappointed.  There are dead spots in the neck up past the heel (where the neck joins the body) and I'm not sure the electronics are working correctly.  Now that I've put higher tension strings on the bass, it appears as though the neck might even be warped.  I will still take it to a local guitar tech to see if it can be salvaged in some way; but I am in no hurry and I don't want to dump too much more money into it.  This entry is intentionally vague because I don't want it to turn into a self-induced public flagellation - my own guilt/shame on the issue is enough.  Let's just say I made multiple mistakes; and now I might be stuck with a shiny, black, fretless turd.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain brother. I too have been known to purchase shit myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man - definitely appreciate the support. I'm hoping to get good news from the guitar tech, but i'm not holding my breath.

      Delete