Monday, February 10, 2014

Audio Scratch Pad: Putting The New Bass Through Its Paces

Pete and I got together again last night; as usual, it was great fun.  The goals were much the same:  just to get together and see how quick we can crank out a simple tune.  In doing so, we get to hang out, have a good time, and learn something about the recording and creative processes.  I was extra stoked because I got to use my new bass.  I love everything about it -from the balance and ergonomics of it (it's easy to see why this is such a classic design) to the sound and action.  I'm most pumped about the sound - I have come to really love the sound of passive circuitry.  Nice and fat and round.  It might be a little hard to hear anything remarkable in the little experiment below, but it was a joy to hear this bass through headphones.  If I can post an isolated track of the bass, I will soon.

Again - this song is not really any sort of finished product as our main interest was just getting together, playing music and focusing on process.  That's just a fancy way of saying it's okay to laugh if you think this song is a little dorky.  It is. But just like our previous experiment, I'm still real proud of it.

Matt - bass, vocal harmony
Pete - everything else (Garage Band wizardry, vocals, keyboards)

No comments:

Post a Comment