Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Merry Christmas: Enjoy Ally Hagenbuckle's "Brown County Christmas"

This is one of my favorite times of year at this blog because I get to post the dope Christmas-related stuff people have sent to me.  This year, Imma start off with the multi-talented Ally Hagenbuckle.  "Brown County Christmas" is pretty evocative for me because I lived there for so long and recognized all the places she name checked in the tune.  There is something about the quality of her voice and the recording itself that gives it some Brown County grit.  It's perfect, and I think it is a spectacular way to start the season.  I love the photo she supplied for this track too - it's somehow perfect.

Geography challenge:  find all the roads that Ally mentions in the tune on a map - for those folks playing out-of-state, you'll be needing an Indiana map.  Then find the nearest gas station.  Yeah, it's pretty rural there.

Merry Christmas everyone, and thanks to Ally Hagenbuckle!

1 comment: