Friday, December 19, 2014

Merry Christmas: Listen To Kevin Reynolds' Cover Of "Mary Had A Baby"

I'm not going to lie to you:  I'm really proud to be a part of this one even though my part in its greatness was the smallest.  It was Kevin's idea to cover Bruce Cockburn's great version of the spiritual "Mary Had A Baby".  It was Kevin who assembled and recorded this unknown supergroup.  It was Kevin who did the engineering.  And it sounds so.  Good.  This recording also marks my babies' recording debut, and I think it's a good one.  Throw in Dan and Joilan's vocals and everything about this song is damn near perfect.  I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and thanks Kevin - this song is a keeper!

Kevin Reynolds - vocals, resophonic guitar, mandolin, percussion, post production
Joilan Lewis - vocals
Dan Lodge-Rigal - vocals, accordian, acoustic guitar
Auggie O'Brien-Zink - backing vocals
Marina O'Brien-Zink - backing vocals, rattle
Matt Zink - bass
Marina

Auggie

(Left to right:  Marina, Auggie)

Havin' some fun!

5 comments:

  1. Loved it! Beautiful in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! Well done all around, but I think Marina's studious look as she works the mic wins the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greatness and a keeper. Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tracks are beautiful. Nice work. Love hearing the kids on them.

    ReplyDelete