Friday, February 27, 2015

Odds And Ins

There's some stuff I should probably hip you to:

  • I still haven't gotten around to telling you about the blue grass outfit I've been playing with.  I will at some point; probably after we get more of a web presence.  But if you want to get a sense of what we're about, tune into WFHB's "Local Live" this coming Wednesday around 9 PM.  I'll be playing bass on at least a few tunes (I'm still learning the whole set) and jabbering between songs.  Or if I'm lucky, not jabbering - would rather have my band mates take on that burden.  Anyway, I'm not sure if they stream the show or not, but they always (eventually) upload the show online, so check back to WFB's website often if you can't listen to it live.  
  • I'm playing (with Kevin Reynolds) at a fund raiser for the kids' school this weekend.  This should be a lot of fun.  To tell you the truth, I can't wait to try the food as it is being catered by Lennie's.  I can tell you first hand that the food will kick much butt.  It's also exciting in that I'll be making my debut on ukulele for this show.  I think I'll be playing it on about three tunes.  
  • Mini link dump:  space sounds from NASA.  This is cool as my son and I are reading a graphic novel about the first dog in space, and these sounds help make it real for him.  Plus, they make dope ring tones.  I stumbled across an old interview (2013) with my personal hero Mike Watt.  I'm still making my way through it, but it just makes me love him all the more.  His uniform (flannel) and blue collar work ethic are proudly on display.  Makes me feel good to know there are still guys like him around.  He's got some great stories too - about Iggy asking him to not wear flannel on stage when on tour with the Stooges, about recording with Kelly Clarkson, etc.
  • Crazy timing on today's "Fat Friday Feature" - this just showed up in my inbox.  Someone else felt it right to showcase MonoNeon as well.  Weird/cool.
I think that's it for now.  Party on.

No comments:

Post a Comment