Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Gig Updates

If you were listening for the live radio gig mentioned here, it didn't happen.  Misty (singer) was ill, so we had to reschedule.  I'm looking forward to playing it eventually though - we oughta be nice and tight by then.  Hell, I think we're already sounding pretty good.  I'm excited about it.  I'll keep you posted when I know when the "redo" will happen.

I'm also excited about these two gigs - please mark your calendars.  I'd love to see y'all there in person!
  • We* will be taking part in the live broadcast of the WFHB Acoustic Roots Festival at Upland Brewing on May 23rd - not sure what time yet. There are a lot of reasons this will be fun - it's hard to beat spring in Indiana, for starters.  And there's beer. And great food.  And it'll be broadcast live on the radio.  And there's beer.  And it will be on Upland's outdoor stage, which is outside.  And there's beer.  It's a great opportunity to see some kick ass original bluegrass.  Get ready to enjoy some great music and update your Untappd feed with some hometown beer, yo.
  • We will also be headlining on a Friday night at Monroe (IN) County Fair.  Come check us out on July 31st at 6:30 PM on the main stage.  Don't forget to fill up on elephant ears and lemon shake ups before hand.  Or at least that's what I'd do.
More musings later; but I wanted to make sure everyone knew about these gigs.  I promise to make it worth your trip.

*-"We" are Mark and Misty and the Midnight Munchers.  And no, I don't know where the name came from/what it means, so don't ask.  Do listen to the music though.  I feel like it's a bit misleading for me to link to the page as I am not on any of these recordings (and the tunes we are playing are all new ones not featured here), but it will give you a sense of what you'll be getting.  I think you'd have to agree that this is pretty good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment