Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Off Topic: Grilling Tips From The Grill Master

Note:  we recently bought a pretty bad ass grill.  It's something that I kept putting off; but now that we have it, I'm not sure why.  We love it.  I emailed some of my siblings for some grilling recipes and tips, and this is what my brother Paul sent back.  I have reformatted his response to make it read more like the Ten Commandments. Because Thou shalt not burn your meat again.

Paul says:
Hey guys.  I'm in the suspended reality we call the lake cottage right now.
I fancy myself a pretty mean charcoal griller.  Getting ready to fire up the Weber right now, in fact.

  1. I always use two zone heat: charcoal on one side, water pan on the other.  Cook over the water pan, lid on.
  2. Buy a decent thermometer.  Always go by temperature, not myths.
  3. Finish on the hot side [of the grill], lid off.
  4. Remember [your food] will continue to cook 5 to 10 mins after you pull it off the grill.
  5. Don't worry about flipping [your food] too much.  No such thing.
  6. And make sure you have a drink.
This all seems like really sound advice to me.  If you're reading this and you've sampled Paul's food from the grill, what do you think?  Does it live up to the hype?  Leave your impressions in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment